Management reporting and documentation
krismcewan
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Chris mcewan

Report Examples

Post by krismcewan »

Has anyone got some report examples I can use to display problems within the enviroment.

IE VM's powered off, Low Disk Space, Servers using above average CPU/Memory etc
Alexey D.

Re: Report Examples

Post by Alexey D. »

Hello Chris,

There are many ways to display problems and current status of elements in your virtual environment with Reporter 4.
Many report templates are available and you can make your own choice which ones are more convenient for you.

Here is an option for your request:

VMs poweved off: [Configuration Report] from [Offline Report Pack - Infrastructure] is good to see which VMs/vApps are running/switched off/inaccessible. Powered off VMs are drawn without little green markers.

Low disk space: [Datastore Utilization Report] from [Offline Report Pack - Infrastructure] is handy to determine which datastores are over utilized, under utilized and normally utilized.

CPU/memory/etc usage on servers: [Host Performance Report] from [Performance Report Pack] will show you a graph with CPU/memory/etc utilization. With this report you can determine, for example, top consumers of resources.
krismcewan
Influencer

Post by krismcewan »

Thanks Alexey.

Im trying to setup the dashboard for a customer and although they have Monitor they seem to want to use reporter for some reason
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Chris,

Actually, Veeam Monitor as well as other nworks products (MP for SCOM / SPI for HP OpenView) should be used for real-time monitoring, addressing most of the monitoring needs for SMB and Enterprise level customers.

As for the Veeam Reporter, it is a comprehensive reporting solution that addresses other challenges such as Enterprise Reporting/Change Management and Capacity Planning.

So by using both products you will get one solution for virtualization management including real-time monitoring and comprehensive reporting.
krismcewan
Influencer

Post by krismcewan »

Yep i agree. but they like the pretty colours!!!!

on that can we change the colours on the dashboard charts?
Alexey D.

Post by Alexey D. »

Unfortunately, you cannot change the colors for reports on the Dashboard, but out of curiosity what reports would you like to have in different colors?
krismcewan
Influencer

Post by krismcewan »

It was the vmtools chart. the chart with OK comes up RED.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your feedback, could you please show us the screenshot of the chart you've made?

Thanks!
krismcewan
Influencer

Post by krismcewan »

I will do as soon as i Fix reporter. Its broken since installing Scom agent and Nworks on there.
krismcewan
Influencer

Post by krismcewan »

ok here it is

as you can see the OK bar is red which normally indicates a problem
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Chris,

Thank you for the screenshot, I'm afraid that the colors are automatically defined for each column by their display sequence number in SSRS reports, so there is no way to change it manually. I believe that color assignment is fully automated and up to SSRS, but I will research more.