Host-based backup of Microsoft Hyper-V VMs.
adrianIDC
Expert
Liked: 9 times

Conf 2nd repositori

Post by adrianIDC »

Hi!
He was watching I have many HDD 2TB serving as backup repository for my infrastructure.
I need to set a task to be performed on the repostorie A for 1 week and Repository B for another week.

You can make this configuration in the same job or you should create two jobs ( one job for each repository ) ?
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Conf 2nd repositori

Post by foggy »

If you can rotate disks, you can go with a single job provided repository path doesn't change. Make sure you enable the corresponding setting in the repository settings.
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Post by Shestakov »

Hi Adrian,
Could you specify your use case and details of the task we are talking about? Thanks!
adrianIDC
Expert

Post by adrianIDC »

Yes...

I have 2 repositories ( HDD 2TB USB, A and B )
Launched a backup job repository for tasks to be performed Monday- Wednesday - Friday, for example to Repositori A

But I want the Tuesday-Thursday perform the same task , but in the repository B.

To this I should create two backup job ? Or I can do it from the first backup job or I need create 2 Backup Job (one backup job to one repository)
foggy
Veeam Software

Post by foggy »

As I've mentioned above, you can do it with a single job pointed to a single backup repository backed by rotated drives.
adrianIDC
Expert

Post by adrianIDC »

Ok , it is clear to me .

One last question that arises is whether it is possible to indicate that a backup job Begin the first copy within 1 week and from that day makes them all week .

Example
I backup job and I told him to begin next Thursday (full backup) , Friday ( incremental) , Saturday ( incremental) , Domingo ( incremental) , Monday ( incremental) , Tuesday ( incremental) , Wednesday ( incremental)

Rather than indicating that the following Thursday to do a new task, the do the following week .
foggy
Veeam Software

Post by foggy » 1 person likes this post

Mm, not sure I'm getting it... Do you want to delay the first job run so that it does not start the upcoming Thursday but rather a week later?
adrianIDC
Expert

Post by adrianIDC »

foggy wrote:Mm, not sure I'm getting it... Do you want to delay the first job run so that it does not start the upcoming Thursday but rather a week later?
Yes foggy...

II create the backup job now but do not start up within a week.
When it starts work for 7 days and stop to work the next 7 days .

If you need to connect to the console Veeam B & R during each week and enable or disable the backup jobs :cry:
foggy
Veeam Software

Post by foggy » 1 person likes this post

Ah, so you mean the scenario with two jobs writing to different repositories, right? This can be achieved with the help of scripting via Windows Task Scheduler or pre-job script checking whether the job is allowed to run on specific day.
adrianIDC
Expert

Post by adrianIDC »

Yes foggy...

HOW could create that script and noted in Veeam B & R ...in writing and programming I find little knowledge.
The script would :
First Week and the third Every month , the repository A

The second and fourth week the repository B
foggy
Veeam Software

Post by foggy »

You can ask for assistance in the corresponding subforum or search for existing examples.