Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
JimKnopf
Novice
Liked: never

How many backups

Post by JimKnopf »

Hi,
i am new whith the veeam backup & replication software and are now at the beginning of find out, if it is helpful for us.
Could someone told me how many vm´s at one backup job a running at the same time?
Because of Network and cpu load?

Is someone using the SAN Backup function? If i understand it the right way, you have to install a FC Card and assign all possible LUNS to the server.
I think it could be a little bit dangerous because of the possiblility to delete the vmfs volume with the windows system. Thats easy and if someone make a mistake....
Any help will be helpful.

Thanks
Frank
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: How many backups

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hello Frank,

All your VMs added to the same backup jobs are processed sequentially one by one. But you may use multiple backup jobs running at the same time, however we do not advise on running parallel jobs hitting the same LUN, because it causes a number of problems with VMFS like SCSI reservation timeouts.

There is no way you can corrupt your VMFS luns, because Veeam Backup server requires read only privileges on your production VMFS LUNs. Please have a look at F.A.Q.topic for more information.

Thanks!
JimKnopf
Novice
Liked: never

Re: How many backups

Post by JimKnopf »

Hi,
thanks for your response.
I will check out the FAQ.
Frank