PowerShell script exchange
adrianIDC
Expert
Liked: 9 times

Create auto backup job

Post by adrianIDC »

Hi!!

I created the theme in Section B & R Hyper - V and have advised me open it here .

In summary...:

I have 2 repositories ( HDD1 and HDD2 )

In the first repository ( HDD1 [D:\ ] ) should do the backup job (1st full and 6 incremental ) of the first and third week of the month.

In the second repository ( HDD2 [E:\ ] ) must perform the backup job on the second and fourth week of the month.

From the console veeam B&R can not configure that the task is performed within 1 week and then 6 incremental .

With that script could make the backup job will automatically run on selected dates and in the correct repository ?

Thank you very much for your advice
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Create auto backup job

Post by veremin » 1 person likes this post

I think you should have two jobs pointed to two different backup repositories. Then, use a simple one-liner (scheduled via Windows Task Scheduler) to achieve the desired schedule:

Code: Select all

Start-VBRJob -Job (Get-VBRJob -name "Name of your job")
Thanks.
adrianIDC
Expert
Liked: 9 times

Post by adrianIDC »

v.Eremin wrote:I think you should have two jobs pointed to two different backup repositories. Then, use a simple one-liner (scheduled via Windows Task Scheduler) to achieve the desired schedule:

))
Thanks.

I created the task but I have some questions ...

In this code you provided your me I created a .bat :
Start- VBRJob -Job ( Get- VBRJob -name "Name of your job")

Now is the time that is set in the console but B & R can not see that you have made.

The task is for a Hyper - V machine.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

Now is the time that is set in the console but B & R can not see that you have made.
Not sure whether I follow you on that. Schedule task doesn't execute this script? Will it work, if executed manually? Does the script have the following line in the beginning (adding VB&R PS snap-in):

Asnp VeeamPSSnapin
Thanks.