Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
electricd7
Expert
Liked: 7 times
Full Name: Chad Killion

VeeamLogShipper Service missing from one Guest

Post by electricd7 »

Hello,

We have a SQL VM which is failing on its transaction log backups. The error it is throwing is as follows:

Code: Select all

9/17/2015 9:33:22 AM :: Failed to prepare guest for SQL transaction log backup Details: Failed to execute VIX command: [Cannot start service. Machine: []. Service: [VeeamLogShipper].
Cannot start service.
Win32 error:The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it.
 Code: 1058].
When I log into that VM and search the services, the SQLLogShipper service isn't installed on this VM. When I look at a working SQL VM, I find that service installed and running. My question is, how does that service get installed (and when)? Is there a way I can install that service manually without waiting for the next backup cycle, or a reboot, or anything? I just would like to get my TLogs working on this server as quickly as possible. I did find the service file on the Veeam server at c:\Program Files\Veeam\Backup and Replication\Backup\VSS\sql\VeeamLogShipper.exe. Thanks

Chad
electricd7
Expert

Re: VeeamLogShipper Service missing from one Guest

Post by electricd7 »

Nevermind. It tried to install it on the next run of TLog backups. I see the service in the starting mode, then it tries for a period of time and never starts. IT then goes to "Stopping" and the service gets set to "disabled." It hangs there now. I will open a case.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2257 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

Kindly, provide the ticket number here, once it's opened, so that, we can follow the case. Thanks.
electricd7
Expert

Post by electricd7 »

Case 01039957