Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Ace T
Enthusiast
Liked: never
Full Name: Amit Panchal

Replications failing after DR Test

Post by Ace T »

All our replications are failing even though we used the Veeam Wizard to failover and undo failover to our replicas. We have a ticket logged with Support and all they can suggest is a reinstall but nobody can give me a true answer to fix this.

The same error appears on each VM and we cannot reinstall everything as we have over 30 VMs already replicated and our backups are running fine.

Error is 'Cannot backup file in the service console mode. File [nfc://.....................] Server error: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time.

This is now very urgent as support have been sent many logs and it has been over 2 weeks on this same issue. Can you help ???????????

Case 525102
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Replications failing after DR Test

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Amit,

I've reviewed your support case. It seems like the destination IDs for your replication jobs have been changed in the vCenter DB for some environmental reason. And as we store an old reference IDs in the Veeam configuration database, your replication jobs failed as they were trying to use that old ID, which was no longer available. There are two possible ways of fixing it, either editing the configuration DBs manually or starting your replicas from scratch.

I would still recommend to start replicas from scratch to be sure that configuration DBs is in consistent state.

I would also recommend to review all the changes happened to your virtual infrastructure (if you have a Veeam Reporter or any similar product, you could use Change Management Report packs to find it out) at the day when all your replicas failed with this issue, so you could avoid facing such situations in the future.

Hope it helps!
Ace T
Enthusiast

Post by Ace T »

Ok...I cannot delete replica jobs from disk as I am getting an error 'Unable to delete the selected backup because of an active failover operation'.

I cannot see any active failovers so how can I fix this ?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Amit,

We have a SQL script available through our support team that flushes all locked VMs states in the database, which should help you in the current situation.
Ace T
Enthusiast

Post by Ace T »

Please can you arrange to have this emailed to me as the Support team have not emailed me this.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Amit, we'll be sending you the SQL script file shortly. Thank you!
Ace T
Enthusiast

Post by Ace T »

The script failed and I recreated the job from scratch but this is still failing. I have passed this information to support. Please can I have a fix or an easy goal to work towards today ?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Amit,

Do you see the same errors after you've recreated the jobs or those are completely different one? It's hard to troubleshoot the technical issue without seeing full job log files. Have you already sent all the updated job logs to our support team?

Thank you!