Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
dlehrner
Novice
Liked: never

Community Forum Digest Archive?

Post by dlehrner »

Is there an archive of past digests? I remember a good one with recommendations for large home lab storage appliances but I can’t seem to find it.

BTW, it's the one Email I read every single week, there are some great nuggets inside every week. Thanks.
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Re: Community Forum Digest Archive?

Post by Shestakov »

Hello,
I suppose you are talking about 'Word from Gostev" from Veeam Community Forums Digest. If yes, please try to search your mailbox for the needed letter.
There were several articles describing/providing links about home lab storages (starting from 2011). If you are not able to find the digest in your mailbox, please try to remember the month and if it the description was provided in the letter itself or in the link inside.
Thanks!
dlehrner
Novice
Liked: never

Post by dlehrner »

Correct, Word from Gostev. I checked my Email and couldn't find the Emails, I was hoping they were archived online somewhere.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Are you probably talking about this?
Gostev wrote:We've had an interesting discussion internally about cost-efficient primary backup repositories here last week, and this one came up. While most universally recommend by our partners and customers is an industry standard server (such as HP DL380) full of disks, what if you need more capacity? Someone mentioned they had a customer using Cisco C3160, so I looked up the specs and was extremely impressed. 60 LFF drives is not a joke, folks! Just think of the capacity that this beast loaded with the latest 6TB NL SAS drives can deliver. Very cool, so keep this one in mind as an option as well.
Gostev wrote:In reply to my mention of Cisco C3160 in the previous digest, Bastiaan has tweeted me the link to a similar beast from HP > D6000 Disk Enclosure, which fits 70 LFF disks in 5U. Pretty cool, although this is not a full blown server like C3160, but rather just a disk enclosure (you still need a server to connect this to) – so, you cannot really compare the two directly. I liked C3160 specifically because it provides you an uber backup repository in a box, fitting a server with 60 LFF in a mere 4U.
BoricuaTec
Service Provider
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Luis Rodriguez

Post by BoricuaTec »

How can I get more info about this partnership and deeper details to present to my organization?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2719 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Luis, can you please clarify your request? What partnership are you referring to?
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6699 times

Post by Gostev »

I assume the one with Cisco, mentioned in the last forum digest...
Luis, you can contact your Veeam sales representative for more info.