Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
Mr_M_Cox
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: M Cox

Full backup question

Post by Mr_M_Cox »

Hi All,

I have just sent up Veeam to do a full computer backup to allow for bare metal recovery. One question I have is, will the full backup also backup the drive being used as the backup storage location?
Thanks
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 724 times

Re: Full backup question

Post by PTide »

Hi,

If you choose the "Entire computer" option and choose a local drive as a backup storage location then you won't be able to get past "Schedule" tab as wizard will error with a "Unable to perform entire computer backup to an internal disk" message. Thus I don't fully understand your question, please elaborate.

Thank you.
Mr_M_Cox
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: M Cox

Post by Mr_M_Cox »

hi, thanks for the reply. The backup location is a USB attached external drive and it does appear to be backing up correctly. I just wondered but I guess it wont back up its backup destination.
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 724 times

Post by PTide »

Correct, it won't be processed. Moreover - external USB devices are excluded from backup by default at the job level. If you want to vote for "backup USB drive" feature you can post in this thread. Another question - what's the purpose of placing a USB drive backup onto the same USB drive?