Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
fcmajor
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Jens Zimmermann

Instant Recovery test

Post by fcmajor »

Hello

We want to do some restore test with instant recovery and I have some questions about it.

Here the plan:

We want to restore a VM to a different host and datastore with instant recovery.
the changes during the instant recovery should NOT go the the backup repo, it should go the vmware datastore.

My question is when we leave the instant recovery VM running for a couple of hours and then want to do a migrate to production what is with the changes that were made during the instant recovery process?
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Instant Recovery test

Post by foggy »

PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 724 times

Re: Instant Recovery test

Post by PTide »

Hi,
he changes during the instant recovery should NOT go the the backup repo
They are not going to - VM is run directly from backup and all changes go to a delta file, which does not get commited to backup when recovery is finished, so your backup stays intact.
My question is when we leave the instant recovery VM running for a couple of hours and then want to do a migrate to production what is with the changes that were made during the instant recovery process?
There are three ways how to finish Instant recovery in such way that all the changes go to the datastore, please refer to this guide.

Thank you.