Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Backup & Replication, VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V in a single System Center Operations Manager Console
BlakeTheITGuy
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Blake Wilson

Veeam Report Library - Performance Reports return no data

Post by BlakeTheITGuy »

In all three of my management groups, I cannot get ANY data from the Performance reports; Both the Veeam Performance Details Report and Veeam Performance Report return "No relevant data found. Adjust report parameters or make sure that data required for the report has been collected and aggregated".

I'm trying to run this for a Windows 2008 physical server, and I've selected the processor rule, the processor information rule, the memory rule, and the logical disk space rule; all results are the same - nothing. I've also tried to run this report with virtual objects, but that results in the same issue; no relevant data found. This is an inherited environment, so there's a good chance that there's an account that doesn't have the appropriate permission. I do know that the counters that I'm trying to run are enabled and collecting data. I can see the data in the Performance Views in Monitoring, but I cannot pull a report in this pack for the same counter.
Alec King
VP, Product Management
Liked: 362 times

Re: Veeam Report Library - Performance Reports return no dat

Post by Alec King »

Hi Blake,

First of all, I would check that the performance rules you are trying to match are actually posting to the Warehouse. Seeing data in the Operations Console does not prove the rule is also configured to post to the Warehouse - these are two separate write actions within each Rule.
Also you have to confirm that the object(s) you are selecting for the report scope are really the target for the rules (or that the objects you select contain the target for the rules). It is possible to select rules which do not apply to the desired target scope - then you get 'No Data'.
And you should check that there are no errors about Data Warehouse synchronisation in any of your SCOM servers. The Operations Manager event log should tell you of problems with data delivery to the warehouse.

Seems you are using the Veeam Report Library, but do you also have the full Veeam MP installed (for VMware/Hyper-V)? Are the built-in reports working? Some way to prove that there is some data in your warehouse would be a good first step.

Cheers
Alec
BlakeTheITGuy
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Blake Wilson

Re: Veeam Report Library - Performance Reports return no dat

Post by BlakeTheITGuy »

Turns out I wasn't thinking - I was attempting to run the report against Windows Computer Objects when it should have been run against Windows OS Objects.