Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
MarcinS
Enthusiast
Liked: 2 times

search & history

Post by MarcinS »

in VBR inside options we have selection abot History "Show all sessions" or "Show only last XXX sessions (default last 500)" in mine opinion it work little strange cause if i select "Show all sessions" and go to History and look for specifis VM name it will find all like should but it can take time cause its base on another settings from option how much ALL session we keep in history...but when i select second option ""Show only last XXX sessions" and go to history and look for the same specific VM it will show only few for example backup jobs for that VM.

I want to say that search now first limit sessions to XXX and then search for mine string (here VM name) inside these XXX sessions ..i prefer to have first search for mine string and then show only these XXX sessions from history but these only for my searched VM. It allows to fast find for example last 20 backups for some VM when i select "Show only last 20 sessions" and in present version in real i dont know for what i can use it .of course maybe for search through menu "Jobs>Backup> without filling search field" but then (in mine opinion) its little less usable then mine proposition ;)
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Re: search & history

Post by Shestakov »

Hello MarcinS,
Have you tried to use the History tree on the left of the sessions list? It filters the data just like you requested.
Thanks!
MarcinS
Enthusiast
Liked: 2 times

Post by MarcinS »

if You mean History >> Jobs > Backup +search ...so no it snot working like i want ...it work the same like for selecting History>>Jobs + search

probably for You its look like as working cause its depends how You use veeam ..if You have few jobs and many machines inside every job so then its look god cause for me veeam count session as job ..but when You have like me when You have 1 job per 1 vm then when i select show last 500 sessions and make search per vm name its shows me only last 2-3 backups for that vm cause liek i said he first take all 500 sessions (jobs) as we have many of them so only few days are inside these 500 sessions and then veeam take main serach by name (vm) so he founds last 2-3 daily backup and that why he shows 2-3 record on sessions list
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Post by Shestakov »

Yes, that`s what I meant, you can filter types of jobs and even jobs themselves to check only sessions of the particular job.
As far as I understood, you have a single VM per job, does it mean that you have lots of jobs and the problems is to find the needed job in the jobs tree manually?
By the way, there is no search by VM name, only by the name of the job. Thanks
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2257 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

Just out of curiosity - haven't you tried to use Veeam ONE Backup Jobs Historical Report or custom PS script to achieve your goal?