Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
kemudd
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Keith M

Problem Reloading Repository

Post by kemudd »

Hi,

I'm trying to rescan an existing repository and every time during reload the process fails. It takes about ten minutes and then fails with the message: "The operation failed, see inner exception. A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or the established connection failed because the connected host failed to respond."

I'm able to access the share where the backup data is located and there is another backup on the same repository. I'm also able to map the job to the new repository and calculate storage.

I'm running Backup & Replications 6.0.0.153 (64 bit)

Any help is appreciated.

thanks,
Keith
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Problem Reloading Repository

Post by veremin »

Hi, Keith,

It's hard to say what can cause the described situation without seeing actual logs. So, kindly, open a ticket with out support team and let them investigate it directly.

However, before opening a ticket it might be worth updating your installation to the newest product version, as the one you're currently using is no longer supported. Chances are, product upgrade will also solve the existing problem, as a lot of issues have been fixed since version 6.

Thanks.
kemudd
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Keith M

Re: Problem Reloading Repository

Post by kemudd »

Thanks for the reply and sorry for the delay.

The issue seemed to resolve itself after posting, which leads me to believe that there may be a network issue. Especially since now I am receiving semaphore timeout errors during backup.

I'm going to attempt an upgrade of the software to see if that resolves these issues.