VeaamGuy
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Rushad Irani

Veeam One Monitor doesn't connect

Post by VeaamGuy »

Support case id: 01086061

Hi guys,
I have setup veeam one and it works fine with Veeam One reported and Veeam One Business view.
I then installed VBR and then wanted to connect the 2. Followed the instructions to install Veeam One monitor for doing this but when I open up Veeam One monitor it says cannot connect.

Have user a service account for Veeam one which is part of the admin group on the server, has db owner on the database being used and read only access in Vcenter.

Anything that I have missed?

When I logged a job the Veeam team asked me to disable the antivirus which I did, but still no luck.

PS tried running veeam one monitor using my account and also the service account but no luck. Also tried installing Veeam One monitor on my laptop and same result.

Kind regards,
Rushad.
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Re: Veeam One Monitor doesn't connect

Post by Shestakov »

Hi Rushad,

So, you have connected to the VBR server from Veeam ONE but it doesn`t collect data?

If account you provided when connecting had not have required permissions on the backup server, Veeam ONE Monitor would fail to connect to the server.
Thanks!
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Also what version of Veeam ONE and Veeam B&R are you using?
VeaamGuy
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Rushad Irani

Post by VeaamGuy »

Hi guys,

@Shestakov: I was trying to use Veeam One Monitor in order to connect Veeam One to VBR but the Veeam One Monitor was not loading with the error message cannot connect to service.

@Vitaliy: Both are from the same iso of v8 downloaded from Veeam's website.

I worked on this last night and found the solution and root cause.

1. I had installed Veeam one and Veeam BR and ran the patch for it. i.e. VeeamBackup&Replication_8.0.0.2030_Update2b.zip and VeeamONE_8.0.0.1669_Update2.zip
2. Then to get things connected I ran the installer for Veeam One Monitor (BUT I did not run the updater again as the name was a bit misleading as it starts with VeeamONE I thought it wouldn't be required for VeeamOne Monitor)
3. Yesterday when I ran the updater one more time on the server, the Veeam One monitor client started to connect and was fine. To confirm the fix I ran the update2 on my laptop where I had installed the Veeam One Monitor client as well and that started to work too.

Once again, thanks for your prompt response. Maybe a KB article for this issue might help if someone else does this silly mistake as well.
Also any chance for future versions to have a better diagnostics and provide a better error message as to why it cannot connect, eg "Cannot connect to the service as the version of Veeam One Monitor and Veeam One are different".

Cheers.
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Post by Shestakov »

Thanks for the detailed post Rushad.

Not updated versions of Veeam ONE8 and VBR8 should work with no issues, so I believe it was not the case. Probably the lack of connection was caused by authorization problems or FQDN resolution.

Anyway, glad you`ve found the solution.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

VeaamGuy wrote:Cannot connect to the service as the version of Veeam One Monitor and Veeam One are different".
We are planning to add an auto-update engine for Veeam ONE Monitor Client if it connects to the updated/different version of Veeam ONE server, should address this use case.