Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
davalosr
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: R Antonio Davalos Menendez

Recover backup image to VM

Post by davalosr »

Hello,

I've tested a backup of a windows 10 endpoint and then tried to recover it to a virtual machine, unfortunately I haven't been successful in booting the recovery image from usb in vmware.

Is there any other way to boot the recovery image or get the iso to recovery the endpoint backup to a virtual machine?

Regards!
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 729 times

Re: Recover backup image to VM

Post by PTide »

Hi,

Another option is to upload .iso directly to vmware datastore and mount that .iso to virtual machine. On the other hand if you want to migrate your machine to virtual then you can use converting volumes from your backup file into .vmdk.

Thank you.
davalosr
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: R Antonio Davalos Menendez

Post by davalosr »

Hi,

Will try asap the export disk option, about the ISO it is not possible as I made it from usb and apparently won't boot in vmware Workstation and already chose boot from usb in vmware.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

davalosr,

Its possible to recreate the recovery media as .iso anytime you want. For instance, you can create a blank .iso without the drivers being injected and use the drivers from the USB stick you already have.