Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
james411
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time

How to move VM from one job to another?

Post by james411 »

I can't seem to find how to do this in the UI easily. I moved one VM from a replica job to another (added VM to new replica job, removed Vm from old job). Running the new job, I get an error during processing the configuration "The name VMname_replica already exists." How do I fix? Thanks!
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: How to move VM from one job to another?

Post by foggy »

You can map the new job to existing replica VM on target or specify another name for it.
james411
Enthusiast

Post by james411 »

foggy wrote:You can map the new job to existing replica VM on target or specify another name for it.
Ah, I see you have to enable the "Low Bandwidth" checkbox on the first page of the replication job to get the mapping settings. That is what was throwing me off. Thanks.
james411
Enthusiast

Post by james411 »

Sorry, one other question, I'm running the job for the first time now after choosing to map the replica, and it has been on "Discovering Replica VM" for about 30 minutes. Is this normal? I know there is a re-calc of the digest that has to happen, I'm not sure if that is what is going on at this point or if I'm stuck at a different step and if this is normal?
james411
Enthusiast

Post by james411 »

james411 wrote:Sorry, one other question, I'm running the job for the first time now after choosing to map the replica, and it has been on "Discovering Replica VM" for about 30 minutes. Is this normal? I know there is a re-calc of the digest that has to happen, I'm not sure if that is what is going on at this point or if I'm stuck at a different step and if this is normal?
Nevermind, after 35 minutes it is now in the calculating digest step.