Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
originit
Lurker
Liked: never

Is there a guide for configuring Virtual Appliance Mode?

Post by originit »

Backup and Replication v 4.1.1 Excellent product, however, is there a guide to setting up virtual appliance mode backups step by step?

I have vCenter 4.0 & Veeam Backup & Replication 4.1.1 installed on a Virtual Windows 2008 R2 server running SQL2008 standard.
TrevorBell
Veteran
Liked: 17 times
Full Name: Trevor Bell

Re: Is there a guide for configuring Virtual Appliance Mode?

Post by TrevorBell »

HI,

All you have to do is choose Virtual Appliance mode when you make a new job thats it.

1. Choose Backup click next
2. Select Vmware Vstorage Api and the drop down box select Virtual Appliance then continue as you would normally in setting up a backup

Trev
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2719 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Additionally, please look through the stickied FAQ topic about using Virtual Appliance mode. Thanks!
originit
Lurker
Liked: never

Post by originit »

I have 2 x HP DL380 serverrs installed as ESXi hosts connected to an MSA2324SA SAS attached shared storage. I have 2 LUNs configured and am unable to use Virtual appliance mode to backup servers with disks residing on the LUN not containing the Veaam backup server. Is there a workaround or is this just how it is?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2719 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hello,

Could you tell us what error message do you get while using Virtual Appliance mode? The only limitation I'm aware which relates to 2 different LUNs is that storage partition (LUN) where VM with VBR server is located should have capacity more than (or equal) the capacity of the disk which is being hot added.

Thanks!