Discussions related to exporting backups to tape and backing up directly to tape.
JaxIsland7575
Veteran
Liked: 107 times
Full Name: Ryan Jacksland

Exclude Files on Tape Job

Post by JaxIsland7575 »

I have a File to Tape job that is multiple folders containing BackupExec files. We have some old 2003 physical servers that have not been upgraded yet. The issue is there is a .lck file in each folder that the Tape job cannot copy, because it is in use. Can I specifically exclude those files in the Tape job?

When I went through the settings it looked like I could only explicitly include files not exclude.

Cheers!
VMCE v9
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Exclude Files on Tape Job

Post by veremin »

Currently, there is no list of exclusions in files to tape job, meaning you either enumerate all files and folders to archive (may be done in automatic fashion - PS script) or accept that you'll get error notifications regarding files that could not be copied. Thanks.
JaxIsland7575
Veteran
Liked: 107 times
Full Name: Ryan Jacksland

Post by JaxIsland7575 »

Being that there is only 2 types of files in these folders, enumerating them is not a huge task. If the directory being selected in the job contains sub directories, will it automatically include those sub directories in the job if I specify what file types?
VMCE v9
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

I'm currently out of a console, so, can't say for sure. But if I'm not mistaken, it works exactly the way you've described it. Thanks.