Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Data Platform
yakov
Service Provider
Liked: never
Full Name: Jacob Epstein

User Report Filter for Service Providers

Post by yakov »

We are currently working with a Veeam MSP partner looking to send Backup Data to our Cloud Connect platform. Our Business partner plans to have us bill him for the service which he marks up an bundles into his MSP service.

We are currently beta testing offsite backup for 11 VMs at 3 customer sites.

Our partner is requesting that he receive nightly Veeam One Cloud User reports that consolidate his customer's activity.

So for this and other opportunities with this model, we would like to be able to configure report filters for reports to be emailed to our partners.

In our current configuration we have configured user names as follows:

Partner1_Customer1
Partner1_Customer2
Partner1_Customer3

If a filter could set up to include user reports for Partner1* as an example, this could work.

Thanks.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: User Report Filter for Service Providers

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Jacob,

Does partner represent Cloud Connect user account in our schema?

Thanks!
yakov
Service Provider

Post by yakov »

Hi Vitally,

Yes, each of the three examples represent different cloud connect users. The actual names are based on the partner and the customer names.

Thanks,
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Got it! I have logged this FR in our tracking system, so in our next updates you should have an ability to select a Cloud Connect user account in our Veeam ONE Cloud Connect report.
yakov
Service Provider

Post by yakov »

Thanks Vitaly.

Just to clarify, can the report allow for selection of multiple customers as described in the main topic?

I am also working with Powershell and SDK. Have a report in progress that will list disk usages, quota and users but can not the SDK commands. I see many similar issues and fixes in forum topics.

I opened a ticket with support so they can advise.

However, having the Veeam One report should be an excellent tool for Service Providers working in a Wholesale/Resale Model.

Yakov
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Yakov,

You will be able to select cloud connect user accounts in this report >Veeam Cloud Connect User Report. Given that every cloud connect user represents a partner, then I guess this is what what you're after, right?

Thanks!
yakov
Service Provider

Post by yakov »

Hi Vitally,

I think you have it. We will have single customers with one location (user name) as well as partners who will want to see info for multiple user accounts. There might also be multi-location customers. Examples could a town or city where data is administrated by different depatments but the IT department overseas the backups and needs to see reports. Here would be examples.

Alpha
Omega
EmoirePaving

DeltaConsulting_ABCCorp
DeltaConsulting_RandCo
DeltaConsulting_SmithJonesPC

TownOFAlbany_PublicWorks
TownOFAlbany_TownHall

So if the user query entry can include wild cards, then it can work I think. So for the above examples, DataConsulting* would bring up the users required in the report to be mailed every night.

Hope this clarifies.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hmm... how do you define a customer in Cloud Connect right now? I'm curious about this, as cloud connect user represents a partner account, not a user one.
yakov
Service Provider

Post by yakov »

Sorry for the delay getting back!
Currently we are testing with a Partner that has 3 customers locations. Each location has a user account managed by the partner under their bundled MSP service. We actually spoke this week with two other partners interested in the same model. We bill them and they mark up the service to there customers.

We also have interest from customers that will be billed by us. With minimal marketing at this point, we are already getting some good interest.

Thanks for all your help.

Jake
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Jake, thanks for clarification. Just to make sure we are on the same page - the Cloud Connect user report will allow you select an individual tenant in your case it will be partners.

On a side note, since we have started talking about Veeam backup as a service, I would suggest taking a look a this product as well, should be useful in your scenario > Veeam Managed Backup Portal
yakov
Service Provider

Post by yakov »

Hi,

Thanks. Probably at this point it could help if there would be a way for us to test the report during your coding phase. Or see screen shots of filter options page.

Will check out the service portal. It might me helpful as our customer base grows.

Jake
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Sounds good. Let me know your feedback on this reporting functionality of Cloud Connect.