Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Data Platform
abradley
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Andrew Bradley II

B&R job status question

Post by abradley »

So we have a few jobs in B&R that have a status of 'failed' but are now disabled. We do not want to remove the jobs as they could be used again in the future.
Issue is that Veeam One is reading the job status as Failed and marking them as errors in the console.

Any way to tell Veeam One to not look at jobs whose current status is 'disabled'? Or another way to remove the errors from Veeam One while preserving the job and history in B&R?

Thanks,

Andy
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: B&R job status question

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Andy,

Veeam ONE is showing the latest state for all jobs, there is no way to remove these jobs if they are present in the backup console. Can you please tell me why do you want to remove these jobs from the console?

As a workaround you can just export Veeam B&R configuration (that includes historical) data and then remove these jobs. This will also remove them from Veeam ONE.

Thanks!
abradley
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Andrew Bradley II

Post by abradley »

Thanks for the quick reply,
I am just looking to clean up all the errors in our console. Since these are non-active jobs they are still showing on the Dashboard as errors.
When someone other than our Operations Staff looks at this and sees "errors" they get super concerned so I don't want any errors to be displayed.

That is a great suggestion about exporting and then deleting the job. That will maintain the history that I am looking for with those jobs but still allow us to remove them from the B&R console and thus gone from V-One.

Thanks!
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Yes, that would be the quickest fix that would retain all the data you want.