Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
smcs
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Show Me

Issue With Permissions

Post by smcs »

I have installed Backup & Replication on my windows server. Set it all up but when I go to allowable permissions, it is not there. My server is on a Domain. Can anyone tell me what I ma missing here? I have installed this before and when I right click on the repository, the permissions menu is there, but on this server it is not even in the list. Please help... :x :x
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Issue With Permissions

Post by veremin »

smcs
Influencer

Post by smcs »

ctrl-right click does nothing. Does having VBR on a domain machine take away the permissions menu?
smcs
Influencer

Post by smcs »

We can close this thread. I figured it out. I had more than 1 repository and that did not allow the permissions ot be available. I removed it and restarted the machine and the permissions were available.
veremin
Product Manager

Post by veremin »

You mean if you ctrl+right-click on existing repository, "Permissions" tab won't be listed there, among other options, such as rescan repository, upgrade, etc.? Only if you leave only one repository, will the permissions tab be shown again both on ribbon and in the shortcut menu?
smcs
Influencer

Post by smcs »

That is exactly what happened. I removed the local repository and then the permissions menu showed up on menu and ribbon.
veremin
Product Manager

Post by veremin »

In my lab I have several repositories and menu (available by ctrl+right-click) is shown on all of them. So, I'd say that the described behaviour looks unexpected, and it stands to reason to open a support case regarding that. Thanks.