Host-based backup of Microsoft Hyper-V VMs.
dkc
Novice
Liked: never

Windows Server TP4 as off-host proxy?

Post by dkc »

Would it be possible to use a Windows Server TP4 as a off-host proxy? The hyper-v hosts itself are all 2012 R2 machines with Dell Equallogic storage mounted with iSCSI.
I really would like to use the new dedup capabilities of Windows Server TP4 as a backup repository and at the same time use it as a off-host proxy.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Windows Server TP4 as off-host proxy?

Post by veremin »

You mean Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4? If so, the answer is no. You should wait till the said product goes GA, and the support for it is added to Veeam Backup and Replication. Thanks.
dkc
Novice
Liked: never

Post by dkc »

Yes I was talking about Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. Thank you for your response, guess I have to be patient then...
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

Just keep an eye on weekly forum digest (sent to all forum members). Most up-to-date information regarding support for new vSphere/Hyper-V releases is typically mentioned there. Thanks.
nefes
Veeam Software
Liked: 162 times
Full Name: Nikita Efes

Post by nefes »

I want to mention in addition that offhost version should be identical to cluster version.
So 2016 Server could not be an offhost for 2012R2 cluster even when it will be supported.