Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
rsberzerker
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Robert

Recover B&R Server v8

Post by rsberzerker »

Long story short, we had to wipe our hard drives on our B&R server (v8). 2-3 days before the junior admin infected it, I did make a full backup of C drive using Veeam endpoint backup. The only other drive was the SAN/backup repository drive (not hit). Due to licensing issues, we were going to wipe and reinstall it anyway, just under more controlled circumstances.

I've reinstalled the OS from bare metal. I can reinstall B&R and reconnect the SAN drive. But how do I restore my jobs and, more importantly, access to existing backups? Closest to instructions I can find is https://www.veeam.com/kb1889 in the "Performing migration if Configuration Backup is not available" section. Any tips, hints, tricks, to make this easier?
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Re: Recover B&R Server v8

Post by Shestakov »

Hello Robert,
The KB you referring to is what you need.
Am I correct saying that VBR Server has been wiped and you did not do a configuration backup, but backed up with Endpoint the hard drive where the Server was installed?
Thanks!
rsberzerker
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Robert

Post by rsberzerker »

Yes. January next year was the planned wipe. So we did not have a config backup yet. I did not even know about the KB article or config backups then. I did the endpoint backup as a "just in case".
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Post by Shestakov »

I see.
So you can restore the C:\ drive which backup you have, do configuration backup and then follow the KB.
If config backup doesn`t work, you can backup database manually.