Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
snumpy
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Richard Dillard

FEATURE REQUEST: Scheduled backup chain reset

Post by snumpy »

I'd like to register my request that the the ability be added to schedule a regular backup chain reset.

My use case:
I want to keep between 6 and 12 months of daily backups; however, a single corrupted .vib file (for whatever reason) could invalidate every backup from that day forward. I have contacted Veeam technical support (case # 01206609) and have received instructions for manually resetting the backup chain, which I plan to do on a monthly or bi-monthly basis for now. I would like to be able to schedule a regular (monthly) reset of the backup chain in order to mitigate the damage of a corrupted .vib file to a maximum of one month.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: FEATURE REQUEST: Scheduled backup chain reset

Post by Dima P. »

Hi Richard,

Thanks for submitting your feature request! By the way, if you are familiar with scripting, I believe you can create a script that will move you existing backup chain to another location and then start a new backup chain. Additionally, if you are using Veeam B&R repository as a target you can use the Backup copy job to move Endpoint backups to the secondary repository on a scheduled basis.