Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
seapro220
Enthusiast
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: mark foster

Feature Request: Description Info

Post by seapro220 »

I don't know if others use the 'description field' as I do, but I find myself entering info such as 'types, frequency, changes made to jobs, etc' and this is an easy method of monitoring changes-per job. I'd like to request that as a Column field in the Jobs listings to ADD the Description field info. Having this info, would make quick and simple viewing of additional info per job - and not have to edit the job to see this info.

thanks -

mark
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Feature Request: Description Info

Post by foggy »

Mark, thanks for the feedback, much appreciated.
stevericks
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Steven Ricks

[MERGED] : Backup Job Description

Post by stevericks »

A simple question, Im sure....
I have a couple of backup jobs that are scheduled using IBM Tivoli Scheduler and PowerShell.
I would like to make it obvious which jobs they are in the Veeam B&R Gui. Trouble is, there is not a column for the description.

I know I could just name the jobs differently, but the scheduler runs a cmd file with the name of the job in it and I don't want to change it if at all possible.

So the question is, can the column after 'Objects in Job' show the description of the job?

Thanks,
Steve.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Feature Request: Description Info

Post by veremin »

So the question is, can the column after 'Objects in Job' show the description of the job?
Currently, that option is not there. So, adding some info to the jobs' names seems like a way to go.

Thank you for the feedback, though; much appreciated.