Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Wocka
Enthusiast
Liked: 8 times
Full Name: Warwick Ferguson

Restore FLR Multi-OS to a Windows Server - Credential Issue

Post by Wocka »

Hello,

I need to restore 216GB of Windows files to a share that in on a Win2k8 R2 server.
Using the standard Windows file restore is working, but painfully slow as my Veeam Managment server is in another location over a 20MB WAN link. The Host and Repository are on the local side (1GB connected LAN) that I need to restore to.

I was reading that you can use the "Other OS" option to mount the backup of the local repository to restore Windows files also.
http://forums.veeam.com/veeam-backup-re ... 11850.html

When I start the wizard, it deploys the FLR on my VMWare Host. I browse to the folder I would like ot restore, select "Overwrite".
I then get asked for credentals to connect to the VM with.

Reading this post, it says that if I change my "FLR Helper Appliance password" then it should work. I have done this.
http://forums.veeam.com/veeam-backup-re ... 20720.html

What credentials is it asking for? is is for the newly created Veeam FLR Helper?
Why is this not working, could it be a firewall blocking a port?
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Restore FLR Multi-OS to a Windows Server - Credential Is

Post by foggy »

Warwick, you're prompted for credentials to access the target VM (the one you're restoring files to).
Wocka
Enthusiast
Liked: 8 times
Full Name: Warwick Ferguson

Post by Wocka »

Hi Foggy,

Thx for the reply, the credential manager is wanting Linux credentials as it's shows Port 22 for SSH.
I'm restoring to a Windows based VM, so do I just ignore this and create credentials for domain\administrator + password?

Regards
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Seems you're selecting the Restore option to restore to original location. Restoring files to the original location for Windows VMs using Linux FLR is not supported, you should select the Copy To command.