Management reporting and documentation
chamdor
Influencer
Liked: 1 time

Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit'

Post by chamdor »

hi,

two issues with a fresh install of reporter 4 on server 2008 Sp2 with all the latest patches

1. If I attempt to use domain administrator during the install for the database ( logged in as domain administrator) it says the 'account is locked', which it definitely is not. Workaround I just used another user and changed the database ownership after install to that user.

2. This one I don't know how to work around. I keep getting this error when hitting the website and clicking on "Configuration":

Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit, Version=1.0.20229.22861, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=28f01b0e84b6d53e' or one of its dependencies. Access is denied.

I tried rebooting, the problem persists. I see this DLL under c:\inetpub\wwwroot.... for Reporter. Any ideas? I tried two fresh installs.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit'

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hello,

Could you tell us please if you've tried doing Reporter installations on the same machine/different machines/machines from the same template?
I would try installing on completely new machine deployed not from a template and see if this fixes the issue.

Also I've done some research about your second error. Please look through the link below for more information:
http://forums.asp.net/t/1043427.aspx

Hope it helps!
chamdor
Influencer

Post by chamdor »

Hi,

Thanks I made the user that is used for the database local admin on the box, and that made the ajax control error go away.

Yes this is from a template (both machines) with everything installed in the same VM, if I get time or have another issue I will try again from scratch.

Thanks!
chamdor
Influencer

Post by chamdor »

Hi,

I was able to re-produce it consistently on server 2008 SP2 with a fresh install ( not from template) same result, so I tried again on XP, the error persists with not being able to use domain admin for sql server, but other than that it worked as expected.

Also I noticed balloon is spelled wrong throughout the UI ( spelled baloon should be balloon) now that I have it working in case this hasn't been filed as a bug already.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Yes, good catch, thank you for pointing out to this typo. Also could you please share (via PM) all the info about your setup when you've managed to re-produce the issue? Thanks!
jtokash
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: John Tokash

Veeam Reporter AJAX Errors

Post by jtokash »

[merged with existing discussion]

Hey folks,
I'm testing out Reporter Commercial for the first time, thought i'd find an opportunity to install and apply our temp key and get some collections executed over the weekend. Installedreporter fine, plugged into my VC fine, and configured a few collections. 1 small one finished, i ran a report against it... went back in to check status and make some adjustments, and all of the settings pages return this error.

FileLoadException
Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit, Version=1.0.20229.22861, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=28f01b0e84b6d53e' or one of its dependencies. Access is denied.

Reporter is installed on a fresh and clean 2008 R2 Ent x64 server, pointed to a SQL 2008 R1 EE x64 instance. i suspect access denied makes sense, but have idea where to look to find the solution. Anyone else out there see this before i approach our rep for some assistance?
jtokash
Novice

Post by jtokash »

I tried the referenced material from the MS related page with no luck. My concern is more with the installation of the product. It worked for a couple of hours before throwing this error, and noone was in the server or IIS configurations to make any changes. I'm looking to better understand if this is an installation issue, or another concern. Should i try installation on an older, more proven OS than 2008 R2?

Lastly -- I am a Veeam Backup and Replication customer, demo'ing Reported -- can i open a case with support based on my temp key?
Alexey D.

Post by Alexey D. »

Hello John,

Which credentials are you using to install Reporter? Please make sure you are doing that as local admin.
If this doesn't help, feel free to open a support case, as we do provide assistance for trial users also. Thanks!
jtokash
Novice

Post by jtokash »

Alexey D.

That was it, the service account i used for the application was not defined as local admin on the server. once added, it worked fine.

can i recommend that it be added to a FAQ or a portion of the installation requirements? did i miss it in there?
Alexey D.

Post by Alexey D. »

Yes, it is already in the User Guide, stated under requirements for installation.