Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
rwalkerphl
Novice
Liked: 1 time

Storing Veeam Backup on Dropbox

Post by rwalkerphl » 1 person likes this post

Please forgive me if this has been covered.

I am evaluating Backup and Replication, and and in the process of backing up VM's. It occurred to me that I am not backing up the Veeam physical machine. Is it possible to replicate the Veeam files on a dropbox server - i.e. the backup repository containing the configuration backup (I am using a different repository for the VM Backups). If the machine failed, could I start another machine pointing to the backup repository?

Thanks!
Robin.
adrianIDC
Expert
Liked: 9 times

Re: Storing Veeam Backup on Dropbox

Post by adrianIDC »

Yes, it is possible if you indicate dropbox folder as a repository (shared folder) .
Although the synchronization with the server will be very limited DROPBOX note that typically large amounts of GB per backup ( depending on the added VM )
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Storing Veeam Backup on Dropbox

Post by Vitaliy S. » 1 person likes this post

Yes, you can backup the configuration file of your Veeam backup server, typically it is not very big. When a DR situation happens, you can install a new Veeam backup server and import the config file from your original server. If you're worried about protecting your Veeam backup server and want to know what other users are doing to address that, then please check out existing topics in this forum.