scott.leitch
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Scott

Imported backup does not associate with it's repository

Post by scott.leitch »

Hello all,

An annoying issue here.

I have copied some backup job vbm/vbk's to central server as a seed for a WAN job.
I have then presented that location as a wan repository on the original server.
When I try to import the vbm or the vbk, it goes through the encrypted password window, and then starts to import the backup.

Unfortunately, once it has imported, it seems that it does not link to it's repository. In other words, the backup is imported, but the repository column in the "Backups" view is blank. Because of this, I cannot map any backup copy wan jobs to this seed.

I have been told by a colleague that we can edit the database tables to fix this, but it's hardly a good fix.

This seems to happen more often than not for me. Has anyone seen this?

EDIT:
I have managed to get the imported job to link it's repository by scanning the repository instead of importing the backup. Is this scanning meant to take place anyway?

Since the seed has a respository, I have mapped this target to the original backup copy job, but am getting the following error.. Is this known, especially from my previous difficulties?

Code: Select all

Job started at 12/29/2015 9:46:25 AM 
Failed to preprocess target Error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. 
Unable to create target storage, processing will be retried (retry 1 out of 6) 
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Imported backup does not associate with it's repository

Post by foggy »

Scott, to be able to map the job to imported backup, you need to perform repository rescan, not just import the backup. So the behavior you were seeing was expected.

Regarding the issue you're seeing during the job, please contact technical support directly.