Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Dave-Departed
Expert
Liked: 6 times

Feature request: Pause backup copy jobs

Post by Dave-Departed »

Hi All,

Not sure if this is the right place to put a feature request, but I saw a few others, so here goes...

Would it be possible to implement a feature that allows you to pause a backup copy job that's in progress (maybe it could also be done with normal backup jobs too)? It would really come in handy sometimes, I think!

For instance, the reason I ask is because we need to swap a critical switch out at our remote site, but right now, there are several backup copy jobs running, and taking the switch down will cause them to fail and start over again. If we could manually just pause the jobs, and manually resume, it would be great!

Thanks in advance!

Dave
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Re: Feature request: Pause backup copy jobs

Post by Gostev » 1 person likes this post

Hi Dave, sounds good, should not be too hard. For now, you should be able to just block out your maintenance window in the transfer time control of the Backup Copy job wizard, and the job should pause itself automatically. Thanks!
Dave-Departed
Expert
Liked: 6 times

Post by Dave-Departed »

Good to know, Gostev, thankyou! I look forward to seeing a nice 'pause' button in the next release, haha! :)
Beheer
Influencer
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Beheer at Albron

Post by Beheer »

Same request from here!
Right now I'm facing a similar issue. I would like to upgrade our offsite VM that holds the backup copies, but to do that, I would have to modify 8 jobs to disable the schedule for e.g. tomorrow. That's because otherwise I would have to wake up in the middle of the night to be able to restart this VM without interrupting backup copy jobs....