Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
slidek9
Enthusiast
Liked: never
Full Name: Leon

Starting a job with PSexec

Post by slidek9 »

Hiya,

I'm developing the concept for your backup and DR situation. It looks like this:

Veeam1 @ site1 <-- Does all the backups, uses a local (default) SQL instance.
Veeam2 @ DR site <-- this is just in charge of doing a 'pull' replication of Veeam1 to the DR site.

After the last job is finished on Veeam1, it executes the commandline:

psexec \\Veeam2 -d M:\Replication.bat

This will start a batch file on Veeam 2 which contains the Pull-replication job start command:

"C:\Program Files\Veeam\Backup and FastSCP\Veeam.Backup.Manager.exe" backup 2c049fa0-cb64-4d63-b407-bfa5600e02c2
--------------------------------------------------
Now this PSExec command will start just fine from a commandline on Veeam1, put it will not start from a post script command at all; I figure it has something to do with permissions, but Veeam service account has domain admin permissions. Anyone seen this before?
--------------------------------------------------
I do have rSync server/client model working, but I am not using it - if I did - would I just need to copy the .vkb .vrb files and Import them in advent of DR? The reason why I was pulling the whole server including the local SQL db was so I would have the meta information for mutiple restore points, and by using Veeam2 to do the pull, I would also have mutiple replication points to avoid one off corrupted jobs. Hopefully this is the right way to attack this :-)
slidek9
Enthusiast
Liked: never
Full Name: Leon

Re: Starting a job with PSexec

Post by slidek9 »

Ah, my bad the EULA was displaying to the service account the 1st time. All fixed!