Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
MHyvonen
Service Provider
Liked: never
Full Name: Mika Hyvönen

Feature Request: limitation by object for user

Post by MHyvonen »

Details: I'm running Veeam endpoint backup free with VBR V9 repository. For every external veeam endpoint user I have created dedicated backup repository (because I want to limit it's size) and specified user has access to his repository, nowhere else.

From VBR point of view, every backup job is seen as protected vm, so if user X has 3 different pc's configured to backup in his repository, VBR sees this as 3 different protected vm's.

As our model is rental one and we pay for every protected vm, I need to know how many "protected vm's" user has so we can bill him.

It would be a nice option to have a limit configurable in a repository how many different jobs (=machines) can user add to his repository.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Feature Request: limitation by object for user

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Mika,

If you need to bill your customers by stored VMs in the repository, then why would you want to limit this number? Can you please clarify? If you have a separate repository for each client, then you can use built-in VBR reporting or Veeam ONE reporting capabilities to know how many VMs/Endpoints are stored in the repository and then charge for it.

Thanks!