Discussions related to exporting backups to tape and backing up directly to tape.
sacd
Influencer
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Facilites

Restoring Files from Tape - Feature request

Post by sacd »

Hello,

We use Veeam backup and replication v8 - and I absolutely love it! I however would really like to see a feature where you are able to restore files from the tape. What is meant by this is, If I catalog a tape, I'd like to be able to select what is available there from that interface and restore it.

I have this infuriating issue at the moment (Task 01466930 logged with Veeam) where I have done a full backup of files to tape for a monthly financial backup. Now at time of restore, it wants multiple tapes! It makes no sense as this was NOT an incremental backup. I can see in the log for the original job which tape was used, the size of the backup. I've cataloged the tape, I can see the files I want on this single tape, but the restore insists of multiple tape.

Being able to see file on a tape and just restore them, would be really, really helpful!
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Restoring Files from Tape - Feature request

Post by Dima P. »

Hi sacd,

Hm, I am not sure I follow - are you talking about existing File catalogue? Check the screenshot below - on this Files node you can select particular file.