Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
ahualde
Lurker
Liked: never

Incompatibility with Windows Backup

Post by ahualde »

Hi,
I have version 1.1.2.119. Veeam Endpoint Backup configured with NAS Target.
At the same time, I want to make outside backups with Windows Backup, using 2 USB drives connected.

Veeam Endpoint it's configured to perfom backup at 9 p.m, while Windows Backup it's configured to start at 3.00 a.m (sufficent time between Veeam and WBS).

but doesn't work. Windows can't perfom copy (I don't select volumes, I select folders), and at the same time, Veeam can't perfom backups. Veeam it's configured to backup volumes (not entire system) and not appears the "special" usb disks (volumes) configured by Windows Backup.

But if I unplug the USB drive, veeam can perform the backup!

I opened case 01390571 and tech guys says me that it's interesting this update, but nothing else...

anyone tried veeam and windows backup at the same time??

thanks!
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1575 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Incompatibility with Windows Backup

Post by Dima P. »

Hi ahualde,

Can you elaborate what OS are you using? Can you clarify the estimate time when windows backup finishes and what volumes are selected as a source for VEB job? I am also interested in the particular reason to keep two backup solutions within one machine. Thanks
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1575 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Incompatibility with Windows Backup

Post by Dima P. »

According to the logs VSS component keeps trying to save the snapshot to the USB drive (which sector size is different from the source disk) and fails. Can you clarify what OS system are you using? If that’s server verion you could specify the exact storage area for snapshot to fix this issue.