Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
kclo
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: kai Cheong LO

Scope setting in Enterprise Backup Manager

Post by kclo »

I have installed Veeam 9 and setup a user with Role as "restore Operator". For this user, I have also setup a scope to limit this user to a resource under VMWare VCloud Director.

Test Step :-
1) Login https://<Enterprise Backup Manager IP>:9443/login.aspx with correct username password. It will only show the VM under the scope defined to perform restore
2) Login https://<Enterprise Backup Manager IP>:9443 with correct username password(without login.aspx). It will show all the VM to perform restore

KC
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Scope setting in Enterprise Backup Manager

Post by foggy »

Kai, this doesn't look expected, so requires more attention from our side. Could you please open a case with technical support for further investigation and share the case ID here? Thanks.
kclo
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: kai Cheong LO

Post by kclo » 1 person likes this post

Hi,

I already open support case with case ID:01448402 before post this message in forum. My Testing Enterprise Backup Manager is setup with Internet IP. I have informed support to test over Internet but no reply so far
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

We were able to reproduce and confirm this behavior. Scope is displayed incorrectly, however, actual restore is not allowed for VMs that the user does not have rights to. This is planned to be addressed in the next update, thanks for the heads up!