Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
agossett
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Adam Gossett

Feature Request: Indicator when job reaches retention policy

Post by agossett »

Hello,

Something minor and potential very useful would be an indicator of some sort when a backup job has reached its retention policy in the Backups -> disk area. For a place like where I am at we have different retention policy for just about every backup job since we are a smaller place and only have limited amount of repository space.

Thank You,
Adam
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Re: Feature Request: Indicator when job reaches retention po

Post by Shestakov »

Hello Adam!
How the notification we are talking about can help in your case? I think the notification you need is "Backup repository is short in space". We have those predefined alarms available in Veeam ONE.
By the way what backup mode do you use? Thanks!
agossett
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Adam Gossett

Post by agossett »

I am thinking a something like a green check mark near near each disk in the Backups -> disk area to show that a backup chain has reached its set retention policy. For example, I have some jobs that I keep 10 restore points others are 45 and some more are 30. I would like for that check mark (or what ever symbol) to show up once that job has reached that retention policy. I know that in the Backups->disk area it shows you how many restore points you have but It can get difficult to remember what the restore point is set to.

Or even better you could say 10 of 30 instead of a symbol. Does that make more sense?
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Post by Shestakov »

To say the truth, it still doesn`t seem necessary.
Ok, I know your feeling that you want to be sure everything goes well, but you get a notification if some job fails and/or finishes successfully.
The "Job xx reached its retention" notification will just tell that everything is good one more time. It will just trigger once and that`s it. After that number of restore points will remain the same.
If you want to check jobs` settings you can leverage Veeam ONE Job Configuration Dump report.