Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
darbronnoco
Novice
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Brad O'Connor

EDiscovery Questions

Post by darbronnoco »

Hi all, I am looking for a way to allow my legal folks to do ediscovery on exchange without having to give them full access to the console. We tried setting up enterprise manager, but it seems that only allows restores directly back into production, so no dice there. Is there a way that my folks can use the exchange browser and have available to them all the restore points without having full access to the console? I would like to avoid having to do full exchange database restores just to extract a single mail box. I appreciate the help. The sooner I can put together an acceptable solution for our legal folks the sooner I can migrate our large exchange environment to Veeam!

Thanks,
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6724 times

Re: EDiscovery Questions

Post by Gostev »

Hi, Brad. Such features is planned, but currently this is not possible. We've only just made the first step towards this feature in v9 by separating console and Explorers from the actual backup server. We've definitely kept it in mind in our design that in future, we will want Explorers to be install-able as standalone apps, specifically for the use cases such as one you have mentioned (to put Explorers in hands of application owners). Thanks!
darbronnoco
Novice
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Brad O'Connor

Post by darbronnoco » 2 people like this post

Thanks Gostev, it was nice meeting with you at VeeamON this year. I did just find the roles option in v9 and that does get us a lot closer to what we are after. I was able to define a user as a restore operator and so far with my limited testing this should work for us for now. You guys should promote that feature more as it's a pretty key feature for enterprise. I look forward to more enchantments along these lines. Thanks
dellock6
VeeaMVP
Liked: 1932 times
Full Name: Luca Dell'Oca

Post by dellock6 »

You are correct we are missing a whitepaper about Enterprise Manager and delegation, but we have additional resources on it, both in the user guide and it was a popular session at VeeamON 2014, video is still available online (http://fast.wistia.net/embed/iframe/255fa808y9).

Luca
Luca Dell'Oca
Principal EMEA Cloud Architect @ Veeam Software

@dellock6
https://www.virtualtothecore.com/
vExpert 2011 -> 2022
Veeam VMCE #1