Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
mdallagi
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Massimo Dalla Giustina

How to clone BackuCopy Job...

Post by mdallagi »

Hi all,

I'd like to know if it is possible to clone an existing BackupCopy Job by copying all the backup file to another backup repository and then modifying the target backup repository on the new cloned backupcopy job.
The scope is to have two backupcopy jobs for the same VMs linked to two different storages.

Any idea?

Max.
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 729 times

Re: How to clone BackuCopy Job...

Post by PTide »

Hi,

Yes you can do that. However there is a simpler approach:

1. Clone Backup Copy Job via VBR Console:
- Open the Backup & Replication view.
- Click the Jobs node in the inventory pane.
- Select the necessary job in the working area and click Clone on the ribbon or right-click the job and select Clone.

2. Follow this guide.

Thank you.
mdallagi
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Massimo Dalla Giustina

Post by mdallagi »

Hi Pavel,

many thanks for your answer.
Unfortunately it doesn't work :?

Let me explain what I tried.

1) I copied the folder conaining the backup files (.vbk, .vib and .vbm) of the of orginal backupcopy job to another remote repository.
2) I create a clone of the existing backupcopy job and I renamed as <originalname>_remote.
3) I changed the backup repository on the Target step to the remote repository, then "Map backup" and I select the remote folder.
4) After that, when the backupcopy job runs, I get continuosly this error message:

26/01/2016 15.19.19 :: Error: File does not exist. File: [N:\VEEAM-GFS\BackupCopy_GFS_SHAREPOINT_remote\BackupCopy_GFS_SHAREPOINT_remote2016-01-10T150000.vib].
Agent failed to process method {Stg.OpenRead}.

Infact the BackupCopy_GFS_SHAREPOINT_remote2016-01-10T150000.vib doesn't exist but also on the original local folder.

May be I did something wrong or I didn't well understand the cloning method...

Max.
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 729 times

Post by PTide »

Please try to rescan your remote repo and then retry mapping and startin backup copy job again. If that does not help then please open a ticket with support and post your case ID here.

Thank you.