Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
wisecra
Enthusiast
Liked: never
Full Name: Craig Wiseman

1st Seeded Replication: stupid question

Post by wisecra »

I've set up a new replication job and selected to store the intial seed on an external drive I'm going to ship to our DR site.

The job completed successfully, and I see the Veeam files on the external drive.

When I look at the target server, I don't see that it created folder that I need to copy the files to, once the drive arrives onsite.

Details
I've choosed "esx1:storage2" as the destination.

When I look there, I expected to see a "VeeamBackup" folder with a folder for the replication, something like "VM(123)", but I don't see it.

Question: should I create it and then copy the files to it? What should I name it?

Thanks!
cpw...
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6700 times

Re: 1st Seeded Replication: stupid question

Post by Gostev »

Yes, you need to copy the output that seeding process has created to the selected datastore (Veeam Backup provides easy way to do that via copy/paste in the Servers tree of Veeam Backup console). Note that the seeding process automatically generates readme file with all the instructions on the exact steps which needs to be performed with the output files to complete the seeding process. Additionally, you may want to review the corresponding chapter in the User Guide for more information and better understanding of the seeding process. If you still need any assistance, please contact our support and they will walk you through the process. Thanks!
wisecra
Enthusiast
Liked: never
Full Name: Craig Wiseman

Re: 1st Seeded Replication: stupid question

Post by wisecra »

Thanks for the reply...

(I did read the manual (page 55), but it didn't cover everything I wanted to hear)

I had already packaged up and sent off the external device so I couldn't review the readme, and just figured I'd ask.

It arrived and copied up nicely.

The only issue I'm seeing is 230kps performance on a 10Mbs link.

I've got a ticket open now that we've been working on the performance issue for a while now, but still no resolution. We've fiddled with MTU, etc.