Real-time performance monitoring and troubleshooting
jgremillion
Enthusiast
Liked: never
Full Name: Joe Gremillion

My favorite new things in Veeam Monitor 5 Beta

Post by jgremillion »

1. The new alarms showing up on the summary tab of the Vcenter level. Namely the alarms regarding Snapshot Size (a huge benefit!), disk latency and guest disk space warnings.
2. The new look of business view. Namely the way the resource are aggregated on the summary tabs.
3. All the new alarms with associated KB that are present in Monitor.
4. The stats are present on the summary tab at the datastore level. You can see "Top 5 provisioning" disks with capacity, provisioned and free space and, the "Top 5 disk latency".
5. The GUI is clean and very intuitive.

I really did not think Veeam could do a whole lot to improve monitor, but they really did with this new version.

Good job guys!
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6703 times

Re: My favorite new things in Veeam Monitor 5 Beta

Post by Gostev »

Thank you Joe for this great feedback!
Willy
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: william png

Post by Willy »

Things I like about the Monitor 5

1. NFS Storage monitoring !!! :mrgreen: For an SMB enviornment we use NFS for our shared storage and the ability to monitor the NFS storage hit the sweet spot for us. We could not do this in VCenter (maybe... but I did not know it was possible in VCenter)

2. Email notification with authentication.... hmmm.... was there is earlier version... but works great. Tried using email notification in VCenter for SMTP server that needs authentication..... nightmare :(

3. Cool Daskboards. Maybe could be better with slightly smaller dials. However, really cool.

Still working on the alarms. How I could pass VCenter alarms to Veeam monitor, and how could configure reporting.

However for a first time user and first install the ease and available tools.

Great job. :D
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6703 times

Post by Gostev »

Hi William,

To pass vCenter alarm to Monitor, you should create a custom alert that matches the vCenter event string.
Reporting does not really take special configurations, it works out of box.

I am glad that you are liking this new version, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback!