Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Data Platform
ferrus
Veeam ProPartner
Liked: 43 times

'CBT reset required' alerting

Post by ferrus »

Not sure whether this should be in the Veeam B&R, or the Veeam One forum; but is there any reporting/alerting available - for when a VM CBT reset is required?

I feel like I'm missing something really simple - but when the requirement for a VM CBT reset is detected, it isn't written into the Job report - so we can't set up e-mail filtering, it isn't part of the Veeam One report we've scheduled, and (from memory) I don't even think it puts the job into a warning state.
Last week I stumbled across the CBT status of one VM, just because I was working on the Veeam server out of hours, and it flashed up in the job status window.
I'm sure I'm missing something obvious.
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Re: 'CBT reset required' alerting

Post by Shestakov »

Hello Ferrus,
You need to reset VMware Virtual Machine CBT if you see a "CBT data is invalid" warning. In this case Veeam ONE "Backup job state" alarm for the particular job is going to be triggered.
You just need to reset CBT once after upgrade, so you probably don`t need to have the alarm for a long time.
Btw, what Veeam and vSphere versions are you at?
ferrus
Veeam ProPartner
Liked: 43 times

Post by ferrus »

Veeam 8/vShpere 5.1
No problems resetting the CBT data - just wondering where the alarm for it was.

I'll set up a mail filter for the Veeam ONE Backup Job State alert.

Thanks for the advice.
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Post by Shestakov »

No problem. This Veeam ONE alarm should work by default though. And you can set job result notifications in VBR as well.
Don`t forget to reset CBT when upgrading to vSphere 6, as stated in the refereed article above.