Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
r-low
Service Provider
Liked: never
Full Name: Ryan Lowdon

Multiple Veeam B&R Servers in my Environment

Post by r-low »

Hi,

I'm looking at configuring multiple Veeam B&R servers in my environment, and they will be pointing to the same storage repositories. Are there any issues with this configuration? We are a service provider and have a number of cases where we host all of the client's VMs. We've received requests where they want to be able to logon and manage their backups themselves and perform restores. We've implemented Enterprise Manager as a result and the client can then connect to Enterprise Manager to see their backup jobs. From a management perspective, I want to put all of the backup jobs that are managed by the client on one Veeam server, and all of the backups that are managed by the internal team on another server. Both servers would be configured to look at the same storage devices and repositories. It would be nice if they could use the same backup proxy servers as well but we haven't reviewed that option yet. Are there any concerns with going this route? Will I be receiving configuration errors because the 2 servers will conflict with one another? Let me know your thoughts when you get a chance.

Thanks,

R-Low
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Multiple Veeam B&R Servers in my Environment

Post by foggy »

Ryan, provided both Veeam B&R instances have the same patch level, there should not be any issues with sharing the same proxies/repositories between them. Just remember that they will not know how many tasks each of them assigns to this or that server, so plan the backup load carefully (decrease the max number of concurrent tasks on a particular proxy/repository).