Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
erbr
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Erik Brödje

Issue with Veeam 9 crashing/hanging

Post by erbr »

Hi

We have 8 VMs running on a single esxi host with Off-site copy backup jobs for all of them. 1 Repository for the Onsite backup and one for the offsite. 1 Backup Proxy

Ever since upgrading to the latest version i cant seem to get Veeam running as it did before. If a Copy Job is running it seems to hang the complete server as soon as i try to do another action. Before i could have many jobs running at the same time. Now as soon as a Copy job i cant even Scan a Repository because the entire server just refuses to do anything untill i kill the copy job.

I can still run two Backup jobs but i cant run 1 Backup Copy -Offsite and One Backup Job for example

Support tried to reconfigure the database but it seems that didn't take.

Support ID 01682969
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Issue with Veeam 9 crashing/hanging

Post by foggy »

Erik, what is the maximum amount of concurrent tasks configured for that repository and how much RAM does the backup server have? Do you see it maxed out during the hang period?
erbr
Novice

Post by erbr »

Hi

The Backup Proxy allows 2 Concurrent tasks

I have no way of checking the repository since its a service provided by a Third Party but i know i could do this before on Version 8 They are currently running the same version on their repository.

Has Veeam 9 become heavier? It does not seem like it the jobs do not take up that much memory. It seems possible that it could be a database issue ? Since i got some SQL Timeouts but why would that only affect Backup Copys?
erbr
Novice

Post by erbr »

I have now figured out the issue i think. It seems to be an issue with my cloud providers repository. I tried another different Cloud Providers repository and this works fine. But as soon as i run a copy job against the one we use it doesnt work and freezes my client. What could cause this?
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Do you probably have WAN accelerator installed on the same server?