Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
npis2001
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Bee Yang

license for DR site

Post by npis2001 »

I apologize I search through the forum and didn't find a clear answer.

We have 1 license for Production site and DR site. The B&R server is install on the production and a proxy on the DR. We are in the process of planning a fail-over test. In the event that the Production site is not accessible, we would like to have a B&R server on the DR site to utilize point in time fail-over and fail-back. I would like to simplify fail-over as much as possible. Do we need an additional license to install the B&R at the DR site?

Also with only two site and two B&R server, is there any advantages to having an enterprise backup manager? If so, should I install the enterprise backup manager on the production or DR site? Should it be install on a different server then the B&R?
skrause
Veteran
Liked: 105 times
Full Name: Steve Krause

Re: license for DR site

Post by skrause »

Your license can be installed on as many B&R servers as you like as long as you do not go over the host socket limit on your license. Your DR site, if it is only a target site for replicas, will not count towards the socket count.

If you do any encryption of backups, Enterprise Manager's secondary decryption key feature is worth having. Obviously, if you are using that you won't want it to be on the same server as your B&R installation.
Steve Krause
Veeam Certified Architect