Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
mongie
Expert
Liked: 24 times
Full Name: Alex Macaronis

Feature Request[s] #29382872

Post by mongie »

Hello Veeam Friends,

Please consider implementing one or both of these to assist my sanity.

1. Backup Copy Restore Point Cleanup
It would be great if there was a facility to remove the annoying 30MB restore points that the Backup Copy job creates when there is nothing to back up. Either a "cleanup" button that checks if a restore point is needed and then removes it, or maybe even just not creating them in the first place?

2. Disable Backup Copy Job on particular days
I normally run my backups on weekdays only. Because of that, every week I have two days where the backup copy job creates an empty restore point. It would be good if I could tell the Backup Copy job that it doesn't need to run on a Saturday and Sunday.

Thanks!
haslund
VeeaMVP
Liked: 149 times
Full Name: Rasmus Haslund

Re: Feature Request[s] #29382872

Post by haslund »

I will leave response to #1 for someone else, but for #2 you can simply use the already existing Schedule option inside the configuration of the Backup Copy job: http://helpcenter.veeam.com/backup/vsph ... indow.html
Using Schedule you can simply completely blackout Saturday and Sunday. Just keep in mind that if your Backup Copy on Friday then does not finish before midnight it will be terminated, so you might want to let it run some hours on Saturday to allow it to finish.
Rasmus Haslund | Twitter: @haslund | Blog: https://rasmushaslund.com
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Feature Request[s] #29382872

Post by veremin »

1. Backup Copy Restore Point Cleanup
Have you already updated to version 9? I'm wondering because starting from version 9 backup copy job doesn't create empty points any longer when it has nothing to process. Thanks.