Discussions related to exporting backups to tape and backing up directly to tape.
Scouserste81
Novice
Liked: 7 times

Virtual Full Backup

Post by Scouserste81 »

Hi All,

We have had a new feature suggested to us by Veeam support and was wondering if anyone has used this yet.

We are wanting to use forever incremental, however we still have to ship to tape weekly. The answer to this may just be in version 9 which is Veeam virtual full backup to tape.

If anyone has used this feature, how have you found performance? What is your environment? Tape library model for instance.

This appears like the next great feature from Veeam as no longer will we need storage space for synthetic fulls.

Any feedback or usage scenarios are very welcome
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 729 times

Re: Virtual Full Backup

Post by PTide »

Hi,
The answer to this may just be in version 9 which is Veeam virtual full backup to tape.
Not trying to be a pedant here, but actually it's been there since v8 :)

Just wanted to warn you that if you decide to use backup to tape then please obtain the private fix from our support team. Without that fix it won't be possible to disable incremental backups shipping. Please see the link I've provided for details.

Thank you.
zadrian
Expert
Liked: 4 times

Post by zadrian »

Hi, I also just saw this post.
How would I be able to get the patch ?
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 729 times

Post by PTide »

Please contact our support team for that and provide them with the link to the post, if needed.

Thank you.