Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
rileybloke
Enthusiast
Liked: 4 times
Full Name: Phil Riley

VMCopy Job failing NFC server busy

Post by rileybloke »

Hi All,

Having problem with a simple veeam copy job. I want to transfer my VM with 1TB drive to a new host. But getting an error NFC server busy, delivery of File PUT message has failed.
Both hosts are ESXi 5.5 with local storage, the VM to copy on the original host is shutdown, and nothing else is running on both hosts. The target Host has no other VM running or registered.
I have a case 01683950 open, but wanted to put this out to the forum to see if anyone else encountered/overcome an error like this.

It does sound like the target host is failing due to some performance issue, it is a Dell T610 with Perc 6 controller with 3 x 2TB SAS drives on Raid 5.
Both hosts are on the subnet same gigabit switch, 2 gigabit NIC's. Getting between 6MBs - 12MBs during the job until it fails.

Mind blown!
Any ideas or advice would be great, thanks.
Riley
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: VMCopy Job failing NFC server busy

Post by foggy »

I'd check VMware logs for something related, since the error most likely comes from the host itself, indeed.
rileybloke
Enthusiast
Liked: 4 times
Full Name: Phil Riley

Post by rileybloke »

Didn't get to the bottom of it, but a replication job completed successfully, so I set the replication job to 1 restore point.
Manually converted the replica into a production vm by reverting the replica snapshot, deleting the replica snapshot, removing replica from inventory, added the vm back.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

rileybloke wrote:Manually converted the replica into a production vm by reverting the replica snapshot, deleting the replica snapshot
You could also do permanent failover to do that. Anyway, glad you've finally achieved what you wanted.