Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
miklaw2
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Mike Lawrence

servers with multiple disks get errors

Post by miklaw2 »

I have several jobs that are backing up servers with multiple disks.. I have the job so that they should be backing up only the disk 0
but the jobs get errors on the the other disks
They all get errors similar to
Verifying changed block tracking... Disk "Hard disk 2" has incorrect changed block tracking configuration. Disk "Hard disk 3" has incorrect changed block tracking configuration. Disk "Hard disk 4" has incorrect changed block tracking configuration. One or more VM disks have incorrect changed block tracking configuration. To resolve this, open VMware vSphere Client, right-click the VM, choose Edit Settings, Options tab, select General, click Configuration Parameters, and set all entries with ‘ctkEnabled’ substring to false. Veeam Backup will then automatically re-enable changed block tracking with the correct settings during the next job run. Retrieving VM disks information... Disk "[vmfsGPR1Data] HDQ-GPR-001N/HDQ-GPR-001N.vmdk" has been skipped Disk "[vmfsGPR1Log] HDQ-GPR-001N/HDQ-GPR-001N.vmdk" has been skipped Disk "[vmfsGPsnap] HDQ-GPR-001N/HDQ-GPR-001N.vmdk" has been skipped Backing up file "[vmfsFINservers3] HDQ-GP-002/HDQ-GP-002-flat.vmdk" BackupDisk failed Client error: The specified transports are not available. Available transports: [nbd]. Specified transports: [hotadd]. VMDK path: [[vmfsFINservers3] HDQ-GP-002/HDQ-GP-002.vmdk]. Server error: End of file

How do I get these errors to cease ...I don't want those disks backed up at all... they are being excluded.
Thanks in advance.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: servers with multiple disks get errors

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hello Mike,

If you want to cease those error messages, you may consider enabling change block tracking on those disks by following the instructions provided.

However, judging by the end of the error message, one of the disks failed to hot-add. In this case I would recommend you to look through all possible reasons for the Hot-add failure, if none of those are applicable for your situation, please refer to our technical support team for assistance.

Thank you!
miklaw2
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Mike Lawrence

Re: servers with multiple disks get errors

Post by miklaw2 »

I am sorry... I haven't been back on.. putting out other fires... I will check this out and see what if it helps me or if I need to open a support ticket. Thanks!