Discussions related to exporting backups to tape and backing up directly to tape.
aaron@ARB
Expert
Liked: 14 times
Full Name: ARBCorporationPtyLtd

Update/Inventory of tape when loading

Post by aaron@ARB »

Veeam,

I have a standalone IBM SAS internal LTO6 HH drive in my server and when you load a new tape / eject one veeam does not update with the status change. Example being that if i load a tape into the empty drive, veeam does not update to say that the mount has taken place. I have to manually inventory the drive for it to update.

if I manually run (or via PS) an inventory it updates as it should but it wont automatically. I have tried both the non-exclusive IBM drivers and the latest MS ones to the same result.

support case "Veeam Support - Case # 01696687 - Auto-Inventory for Standalone Drives question" has been logged.

just posting it here in case other people are having the same issue. At the moment i was told to just run a pre job task with a PS script (why cant you directly run PS jobs rather than having to wrap in a batch file?) before the tape job which will work fine but isn't ideal.

Cheers,
Aaron
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Update/Inventory of tape when loading

Post by Dima P. »

Hi Aaron,

Are you using v8 or newly released v9? Thanks.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6699 times

Post by Gostev »

Dima, you can see it in support case
Version 9.0.0.902
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Thanks Anton!

Aaron,
Have you enabled the library failover option by any chance or it’s a simple pure standalone device installation?