Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
cptover
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Eric Garrison

Quick Migrate Fail after First Drive

Post by cptover »

I have been trying to Quick Migrate a machine for weeks. It fails after moving the first 50GB drive. From the 4.1 ESX host, we have moved 5 other machines without issue, but the very last one is not wanting to migrate. VM is on.

First drive C: 50 GB, File seems to migrate fine
Drive 2,3,4: 80GB, 50GB, 240GB are all Independent / Persistent drives.

I have made sure both CD Drives are set to Client Device and no ISO present. The GUI just shows failure. No detail as to why. I have had machines fail before, but normally have a reason. There is no VMOTION available. Is there a deeper log or debug setting in VBR?

VM and Host machine have been rebooted. All data seems fine. This is a SQL server and it is up, running and no issues. HP tools not reporting any hardware issues at all. Any suggestions?

Running Backup and Replicate: 8.0.0.817
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Quick Migrate Fail after First Drive

Post by foggy »

Eric, independent disks are not supported, this is covered in the release notes document.
cptover
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Eric Garrison

Post by cptover »

Thank you. I am glad I asked. that should be an easy fix then. I think I just need to power down the machine, change and power back up.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

Correct, once the switch is done, you should be able to migrate them smoothly. Thanks.