Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
miklaw2
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Mike Lawrence

Veeam crashed and burned question

Post by miklaw2 »

I was running a Veeam Virtual server... and it seemed to hang... so I tried to boot it and it said that its disk was corrupt...
My question can I just import the backups back into the newly created Veeam virtual server and will this populate my jobs for me... or will I need to start fresh
I was using the Mysql version...
As I am starting over kind of... would it be better to have a full version of SQL running with database backups etc... so that I could just restore the database (assuming it keeps track of the job definitions etc). Thankfully we are not very far along in our roll out... except that all of our production vms are now backed up via Veeam and I know I wont lose the backups just hate the pain of the full when the incremental is so fast and painless.

Another question along the same line... if I create another Veeam server (Veeam2 server) could I then backup Veeam1 server and visa versa?

Thanks in advance
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2719 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Veeam crashed and burned question

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hello Mike,

You may import your backups to the fresh installed Veeam backup server to perform restores, but that will not populate your previous jobs. To put it in another way, you will need to re-create your backup jobs.

As regards to backing up Veeam server with another Veeam server, that would work, but we've got a very useful topic discussing how to protect Veeam backup server, please look through, should be helpful:
http://www.veeam.com/forums/viewtopic.p ... 81&start=0

Thank you!
miklaw2
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Mike Lawrence

Re: Veeam crashed and burned question

Post by miklaw2 »

Thanks for the reply ... I will use what the other topic suggests... Thanks!